A Song of Praise. Of David. I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.Psalms 145:1-3 ESV
Featured Excerpts and Lessons from Bella Vista and SCBC Pulpit
Bella Vista Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptis Confession of Faith (Bro. Ghan)
Chapter 5 paragraph 4: The Providence of God
Compatibilism – God ordained all things that will come to pass but men are responsible.
1. OT text: Isaiah 10:5-15 - The Assyria nation was sent to discipline Israel but Assyria is responsible for their sins (Isaiah 7:18, 8:7, 9:11). 2. NT Text: Acts 2:22-23 - The Jews were responsible for killing Christ according to God's foreordination. Point: God is sovereign and man is responsible.
Bella Vista Morning Message: Expository Series on 1 John (Bro. Jeff)
Sermon Text: 1 John 3:2
Message: The certainty of our future glory in Christ expects us to pursue holiness in this side of glory.
Characteristics of future glory:
- An Unrevealed future
- Prepared by God
- Unrevealed yet glorious
- A Certain future
- Present proof of certainty …We know…
- Christ-like glory – To see Jesus in his glory (Jn. 17:24)
- Let us daily pursue Christlikeness more and more. When we see Him, we shall be like Him in glory.
- Let us rejoice that sin will be no more when Christ comes. When Christ comes, sin will be no more.
SCBC Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Ptr. Jeremiah)
Chapter 30.5-6 Of the Lord’s Supper
The bread and wine are the visual illustrations ordained by God. The only representation pertaining to His death is the elements of bread and wine.
Remember, our worship must be regulative not normative. To offer unto God something that He did not prescribe is sacrilege.
SCBC Morning Message: Expository Series on the Book of Romans (Ptr. Jeremiah)
Verse: Rom 11:17-22 – Behold, the goodness and severity of God
- The Goodness of God
- The Severity of God
All spiritual diseases come from stopping our eyes to behold the gospel of Jesus Christ.
"Pride is the enemy of every Christian." - D.M.Lloyd-Jones
“There’s only one provision to boast. If you want to boast, boast in the name of the Lord!”
SCBC Afternoon Message: Expository Series on Psalm 119 (Bro. Lorenzo)
Text: Juan 8:32
- The Lie of the Devil
- The Truth of Christ
“Satan makes sin light and justifiable. Satan makes sin convenient and accessible.”
OFW Message: Expository Series on the Book of Ephesians (Ptr. Jeremiah)
Text: Ephesians 1:4-6 – The Glorious Doctrine of Adoption
- The ground of Adoption
- It is only through Christ
- The description of Adoption
- Bearing the Name of the Father
- Indwelt and sealed by the Spirit
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!