This is a Funeral Service Message (Outline) about the three important appointments that God set for every human being.
- And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us. (Acts 17:26-27 ESV)
- Including date & place of birth;
- Current location, situation, etc.
- Hebrews 9:27 – And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
- Death happens once.
- Death is inescapable. Nothing is more certain than the hour of death.
- Death is immediately followed by judgment before God’s presence.
- Acts 17:30-31 – The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”
- God overlooked times of ignorance.
- God will judge in righteousness
- God will judge through Christ.
- The resurrection of Christ is the proof that there will be a coming judgment for all men.
- Rev 20:11-15 – all will be judged by what is written in the books (not through a weighing scale.)
- Will you be received by God because your record is clean?
- None has clean record. All has broken God’s command.
- We can’t do anything to clean our record. Only God can.
- All men have bad record and bad heart.
- In God’s abundant love and mercy, He provided the righteousness and sacrifice that we need through Christ.
- Forgiveness is only possible to those who put their faith in Christ’s righteousness and blood.
- God changed the heart of one of the criminals (Mt. 27:44, Luke 23:40-42)
- God will also grant the salvation that He granted to the criminal for those who will repent and believe in Christ.
You are living the life that God set for you, are you reading for your two next appointments?
To God be the glory!