I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.Psa 7:17 ESV
Featured Excerpts and Lessons from Bella Vista and SCBC Pulpit
Bella Vista Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptis Confession of Faith (Bro. Ghan)
Chapter 5 paragraph 1: The Providence of God
It is the act of providing for, sustaining, and governing the universe through the act of God.
- Its difference from Decree
- Decree is God’s eternal purpose.
- Providence is God’s superintendence in accomplishing His decree.
- The decree is the blueprint, providence is the actual building.
- Its Comprehensive Scope
a. In Nature – Psalm 29:3-9, 147:8-9, 135:9ff, Isa 40:26,
b. In Human History – Dan. 4:32-35, Rom 13:1
c. In Human Decision
- preventive – Acts 16:6-7, Gen 20:6
- permissive – Rom 1:26ff, Psalm 81:12
- overruling – Gen 50:15-20, Jonah
- We must trust in God in all things – Job 13:15
- We must not trust in our own understanding – Pr 3:5-7
Bella Vista Morning Message: Expository Series on 1 John (Bro. Jeff)
Sermon Text: 1 John 3:1 – God’s Amazing Love
Message: The Amazing love of God in Christ for His people is seen in the adoption of sinners undeserving of His love.
- God’s love is giving
- It is given by the Father
- It is given in Christ
- It is given to the sinners
- God’s love is adopting
- God’s love is distinguishing
God in the abundance of His love, gave His Son to die for us, that we who are dead in sins might live through Him. We must realize how unworthy we are of God’s love. But He chose to love us in Christ.
SCBC Morning Message: Expository Series on the Book of Romans (Ptr. Jeremiah)
Verse: Romans 11:13-14
- “There’s nothing attractive in us that makes us children of God”
- “Paul did not render his second best but rendered his best to preach the gospel-Laziness is not the way to exalt the office God has given us”
- “Are we dedicated with our calling and the ministry God has given us?
- “We are not finished product practically, but we are finished product forensically.”
- “Never stooped to be a king if you have been called to be a preacher”
- “No matter what we do, it is an honorable calling but being a preacher is one of the highest calling”
- “Proof of a man’s ministry is not his ‘knowledge’ but what Christ has accomplished in him.”
- “May we represent Christ well in the world”
SCBC Afternoon Message: Bro. JC
Text: 1 Peter 1:14-16
Peter addressed his readers as children in God’s family to remind God’s children what to be and what not to be like.
- Don’t be like – To become God’s children, you need to be changed from inside out… from ignorance to enlightenment
- Be like – We have to imitate the Holiness of God. Holiness is not just mere separation from sin but a pattern of life. It describes our walk. It is a child’s nature to imitate his or her parents. And so, as children of God it should be our nature to imitate our Father.
HOW CAN WE IMITATE THE HOLINESS OF GOD?
Christ is the perfect example of God’s Holiness. Christ is the image of the invisible God (Heb 1:3)
Only Christ can sufficiently provide perfect righteousness. WE ARE SAVED not because WE ARE HOLY, WE ARE SAVED TO BE MADE HOLY.
OFW Message: Bro Jeff
Text: Acts 4:11
Message: The Rejected Messiah as the Resurrected LORD is the foundation of our salvation.
The stone that they rejected is the very reason why the lame can stand, He is also the very reason why we can stand boldly before God’s throne. His rejection is our acceptance. His suffering is our glory. Furthermore, He was rejected, and He suffered so that though we suffer for His Name sake, we will be triumphant because He has risen from the grave.
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
One thought on “SCBC Lord’s Day #2 (2022)”
LikeLiked by 1 person