Therefore David blessed the LORD in the presence of all the assembly. And David said: “Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name. “But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.1 Chronicles 29:10-14 ESV
Featured Hymns: 724 & 192
Featured excerpts and lessons from Bella Vista and SCBC Pulpit
BELLA VISTA Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Bro. Ghan)
Objections to the Doctrine of Election – 1689 LBCF 3.1
- It is unjust – But sinners are deserving of hell (Rom 6:23)
- It is unfair – But God has the right to do whatever He wishes (Ps 115:3). He is the Creator
- It promotes passivity & licentiousness – But men are commanded to seek Him (Isa 55:6, Lu 13:24, Ac 17:30)
- It is against prayer and evangelism – But Paul is prayed and had compassion for the salvation of the lost (Rom 9:1-3, 10:1)
a. Gratitude and praises – God chose the undeserving.
b. Evangelistic zeal – God will surely call His elect thru preaching.
c. Perseverance and steadfastness – Rom 8:33
BELLA VISTA Morning Message: Expository Series on 1 John (Bro. JEFF)
The Anointing of the Spirit- 1 John 2:26-27
Message: Christ has anointed the believers with the abiding Spirit that they may remain in Him forever.
- The Character of the Spirit’s Anointing
- It is bestowed
- It is abiding
- The Benefits of the Spirit’s Anointing
- It teaches us to be dependent on Him
- It preserves us from error
- It exhorts us to abide in Him
The Spirit in us is our guarantee that we are in Christ, and it can never be taken away by anyone.
SCBC Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Ptr. jeremiah)
Chapter 29.1: On Baptism (Continuation)
The act of Baptism does not actually save, it does not forgive, but rather a symbol of these truths.
Repentance precedes baptism. Cleansing is the most obvious image portrayed by immersion in water.
Two truths symbolized by water baptism
- Our sins are washed away (justification, aka. judicial sanctification)
- We turned away from sin to follow Christ (practical sanctification)
We passed safely through the wrath of God because we are in Christ. Baptism is a symbol yet a stunning picture of the believers union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
SCBC Morning Message: Expository Series on the Book of Romans (Ptr. jeremiah)
Romans 10:13-15: A clear presentation of the Gospel message must precede true saving faith.
- The Gospel must be proclaimed
- The Gospel must be heard and believed
- The believer must call upon the Name of the LORD
To reject the message of the gospel to reject Jesus Christ.SCBC Pulpit
Blessed are you who hear the gospel but there is a challenge for you NOW: Repent of your sin and trust Jesus Christ alone as your Lord and Savior!
SCBC Afternoon Message: Pastor Jeremiah
1 Tim 2:3-5: Christ the Mediator
Jesus is the Only Mediator between the Holy God and sinful men.
- Our sin separates us from God – Isaiah 59:2
- Men hate God (Rom 8:7); God hates sinful men (Eph 2:3)
This is the glory and the beauty of the gospel. The Sinless God and the sinful men are united in Christ forever.
OFW Message: Expository series on the book of galatians (Ptr. jeremiah)
The center of every gospel ministry is the exposition of the Scriptures.
Galatians 6:6 – The Characters of Spiritual Man
- He loves the teaching of God’s Word God – A man cannot say that he trusts in God if he rejects the Word of God.
- He loves the teachers of God’s Word God – Those who receive teaching must to support the teacher. Those who receive such support must labor hard to be more effective teacher. The pastor should be ready to forfeit the support that to forsake the truth.
Those who are spiritual will place a high value on the Word of God and to the teachers of the Word of God.
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!