“Creation and redemption come together on the Sabbath day to point to Christ’s gracious gift of real renewal, rest, and refreshment.”ligonierministries
Featured Hymns: 608 & 421
Featured excerpts and lessons from Bella Vista and SCBC Pulpit
BELLA VISTA Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Bro. Lorenzo)
Chapter 3.1: The Ultimate Reason for God’s Eternal Decree is found in Himself Alone
- By Nature, God alone is from eternity – The Triune God exists eternally.
- The Scripture attests that He took counsel from none (Isa. 40:13-14; Rom. 11:34; 1Cor. 2:16)
- Erroneous Understanding:
- Hyper-calvinism – denial of man’s free agency
- Arminianism – ultimacy of man’s free will
BELLA VISTA Morning Message: Expository Series on the gospel of mark (Bro. Ghan)
Mark 2:15-17: Jesus, the friend and physician of sinners
- Jesus, friend of sinners
- Jesus. the Great Physician
- The blinding nature of the self-righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees.
- The easy-to-understand reason why Jesus came to earth, TO SAVE SINNERS.
Jesus Christ comes to us in our need. He makes a perfect diagnosis. He provides a final and complete cure.
SCBC Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Ptr. jeremiah)
Chapter 29.1: On Baptism
- Baptism is an ordinance of the NT not OT
- It suggests an important principle of biblical interpretation – NT ordinances understanding should not be derived primarily from the OT.
- It is a sign (ex. a gold medal is a sign of the reality of being a champion)
- It points to the reality of Christ’s finished work for the believer.
- It is a picture of saving grace.
- It does not convey saving grace.
- It is a visual illustration of justification.
- It reminds us of God’s kindness.
SCBC Morning Message: Expository Series on the Book of Romans (Ptr. jeremiah)
Romans 10:9-11: The Character of True Saving Faith
- Heart belief – The gospel must penetrate the heart. There must be a firm belief in the gospel to be saved. Christianity is a religion of the heart.
- Mouth Confession – Faith is necessary to obtain the gift of salvation. Confession is necessary to prove that this gift is received. Believing is inward, confession is outward. Confession is faith made audible.
No outward obedience has the slightest value unless the heart turns to God. Christianity is a religion of the heart. A heartless religion is condemnable in the sight of God.SCBC Pulpit
Faith must act in this wise: "I believe that Jesus came to save sinners, and therefore, sinner though I be, I rest myself on him; I know that his righteousness justifies the ungodly; I, therefore, though ungodly, trust in him to be my righteousness; I know that his precious blood in heaven prevails with God on the behalf of them that come unto him; and since I come unto him, I know by faith that I have an interest in his perpetual intercession." - C.H. Spurgeon, The Warrant of Faith
SCBC Afternoon Message: Expository series on the book of psalms(Bro. Lorenzo)
- Thinking and Meditating upon our walk – Do we take time to meditate upon the things happening in our lives? Think of your ways (Haggai 1:5)
- Taking Advantage to Obey the Word – take advantage of your time for the days are becoming evil.
OFW Message: Expository series on the book of galatians (Ptr. jeremiah)
Galatians 6:1-2: The Characters of the Christian Life
- The Issue – Trespasses. There is no super Christian when it comes to temptation
- The Duty – Dealing with sin demands the wisdom of God. We must bear one another’s burden. It must be done in gentleness. No place for harshness or censorious spirit
- The Demand – There is a great caution required. We are sometimes guilty of the very sins we condemn others (Rom 2:1, Gal 6:3, 1 Cor 10:12, Col 3:6)
Q.29. What is sin?
A. Sin is any lack of conformity or transgression of the law of God. (1 Jn 3:4)
Christians are brother's keepers. We deal with a sinning brother because sin destroys a soul. This is not kill joy. This is true Christian brotherhood, accountability, and love sustained by the Spirit of God.
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!