Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.Proverbs 3:5-7 ESV
Featured Hymns: 700 & 793
Featured excerpts and lessons from Bella Vista and SCBC Pulpit
BELLA VISTA Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Bro. Ghan)
Chapter 3.1: The Scope of God’s Sovereignty
- Free actions of men – Gen 50:20
- Seemingly Random circumstances: Death – 2 Chr 18:28ff, Pr 16:33
- Details of our lives – Job 14:5, Acts 17:26, 31 – God decreed all things – Ps 139:16, Mt 10:29-30
- Issues of Nations – 2 Ki 5:1 – God is in control over nations
- Destruction of the Wicked – 1 Sam 2:25
BELLA VISTA Morning Message: Expository Series on 1 John (Bro. Jeff)
1 John 2:25: The Promise of Eternal Life
Message: Jesus Christ promised eternal life to His people as their hope in the last days
- The Promise Giver
- The Promise Receiver
- The Promise Given
The essence of the promise is that the promise Giver gave Himself, who is eternal life.
SCBC Sunday School: Exposition of 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (Ptr. jeremiah)
Chapter 28.2: On Baptism and Lord’s Supper
The Administration of the Ordinances
- The framers of the confession avoided clericalism (only ordained ministers can administer) and extreme congregationalism (anyone can administer the ordinances.
- The overseers are entrusted to govern the administration of the ordinances (Hebrews 13:7, Mateo 28:19, 1 Cor.4:1)
- Note: There is flexibility in administering the ordinances under LBCF than in WCF and Puritans.
SCBC Morning Message: Expository Series on the Book of Romans (Ptr. jeremiah)
Romans 10:8-20: Jesus is Lord
- The Lordship of Christ
- The Resurrection of Christ
Our faith is the root and our confession is the fruit. Confession is not just by mouth, confession is by our whole beingSCBC Pulpit
Early Christians were martyred because of their confession that 'Jesus is Lord' because they refused to acknowledge Caesar is Lord. There is a cost in confessing Jesus as Lord.
SCBC Afternoon Message: Expository series on the book of Hebrews (Bro. Ghan)
Hebrews 1:8-9: The Eternal and Righteous King
- An Eternal King ruling eternal kingdom
- A Righteous King ruling righteous kingdom
Christ Kingdom is present. He is reigning now as the Eternal and righteous King.SCBC Pulpit
OFW Message: Expository series on the book of galatians (Ptr. jeremiah)
Galatians 5:24-25: Walking by the Spirit
- What does it mean to “walk in the Spirit?”
- What does it mean to “be led by Spirit?”
To walk in the Spirit is to be led by the Spirit. There's a struggle between the flesh and the spirit. There is a warfare. Christian still struggles against flesh. To be led by the Spirit means that we are willing to be ruled by the Spirit in all things. It is a life of absolute submission.
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
One thought on “SCBC Lord’s day #42”
LikeLiked by 1 person