But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house, At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
Featured Hymn: #731 – And Can It Be
Featured excerpts and lessons from SCBC Pulpit
An undisciplined church will not endure the hour of testing.Sunday School – 1689 LBCF 26.13
Specific Purposes of Corrective discipline (Private Admonition, Public Rebuke, Membership Suspension, Restorative Excommunication):
- To punish sin and stimulate repentance (2 Cor 2:6-7) – discipline is commanded by God so we have to do it.
- To warn other member against the sin being disciplined (1 Tim 5:20)
- To preserve the church’s testimony (1 Cor 5:6)
- To uphold God’s Name in this world (Ti 2:5-8, Rom 2:23-24)
- To protect the church (Rev 2:5, 15, 3:7-13)
The audacity of man is seen in talking back to God with contentious spirit without minding that he is a mere mortal.Morning Message: Rom 9:14, 19-24 – The Potter’s Freedom
God’s invitation to trust Him is a command to abandon self-trust. God’s invitation comes with authority.Afternoon Message: Isaiah 7:10-13 – God’s invitation
Blessed Lord’s Day!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!